Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

Home » , , , » Don Jazzy Talks About Starting A Reality Show,'Boning Married Women' & How Duncan Mighty Messed Up

Don Jazzy Talks About Starting A Reality Show,'Boning Married Women' & How Duncan Mighty Messed Up

Don Jazzy who seems to have been avoiding media interaction in the past must have had a change of mind lately. 

After dominating 'Naija side of twitter' (being the most most followed nigerian celeb on twitter), his signing with kanye west, enigma and oliver twist dance competition had generated so much buzz.

the talented producer talked about signing female artist to mo'hits, starting a reality show, why older and married women are attracted to him, and how duncan mighty signing to mohits failed. 

ON KOKO MANSION 

I'm working towards bigger projects. Enigma and the Oliver projects were test runs for the bigger project that I'm working on, the Entertainer /Koko Mansion show. So they are going to be the fore-runners for what we called The First Lady. 

For over three years now, people have been accusing us of not having females in Mo'Hits. I don't buy that idea but at the same time, I have to study the market and know how to take care of a lady. Because the way you cater for ladies in the industry is different from how you take care of the guys. 

When we all started Mo'hits for the first three years, all of us lived together. We could wake at midnight depending on when the inspiration comes. But I don't think a woman can go through such stress. So I need to understand how to work with females. 

Then with the Enigma concept, I also wanted to do a reality show that'll be different from what everyone has done. So, I'm still looking for songs and artistes because none of our reality show winners have really grown to P-Square and D'banj's level

K.C Presh?

I wouldn't even say K.C Presh is there yet. They have a couple of hits but I think they did better than almost everybody. But the important thing is that they tried. So basically, I don't want to do what others do and if I put out information for girls to apply, there would be many of them. 

But then, in order for us to do the competition and maximise it, I decided to start from the internet rather than have the regular crowd come over and listen to us and then we'll start giving them time and all that. All that strategy even put fear into people. 

So the internet thing allows people to record with their phones or call a camera person to guide them and post it on the internet. The Enigma was a trial on the internet. The difference is that it will help us minimise the number of people that'll be called at the end of the day. 

I'll then create a website like the You Tube where people can visit and record a one minute video, sing, rap or play instrument and upload it and I'll give my comments on them. So the person that wins eventually becomes the first lady. 

I'm going to take her and everyone that'll work with her from the internet. I'm picking her backup singers and her full band, her stylist, hairdresser, bodyguards, writers and others. First of all, it's going to start from the internet. Then we'll move to Koko Mansion. 

What's the new concept of Koko Mansion? 

It's D'banj's house that hosts different kinds of reality show. Today Koko Mansion could be searching for the biggest entrepreneur and tomorrow the greatest banker. The first one was looking for the ideal woman. 

But then, everyone that's going to work for that first lady is going to have an entourage from day one. She's going to have a house, car, makeup artistes and others. 

Is she ready yet?

Yes she's ready 

When is that going to be?

We started it from August and it'll be till the next quarter of next year. 

ON HIS LOVE LIFE

What's your experience with the ladies like ?

They don't react to me as much as they react to D'banj and others. D'banj and others are good looking with nice bodies. 

What makes you think you aren't good looking? 

I don't think ladies are attracted to me. 

What makes you think they are not attracted to you ? 

My face is hard and a lot of people try to guess my age. Some said I'm 35, 36, 37, 38 years. Some even said I'm 39. The fact is that the name Don Jazzy is always respected and they see me like an old man. I actually get advances from older women. 

Why? 

Because they think I'm old. 

Sure your face looks really mature? 

Yes, it does. I actually grew up faster than my mates. So I'm wiser than the average human being and even when I talk, people would think I'm an old man. So I get more advances from married people. 

So how do you handle them?

It's a vow D'banj and I made a long time ago. We vowed never to date married women because it doesn't go down well with our religion and core values. So it's just a few young people that come around. 

ON DUNCAN MIGHTY's FAILED DEAL WITH MO'HITS 

I like his music and he's talented. And everybody knows I like to attend concerts. Once anyone has good music, I'll be there to support. I didn't get that much love from artistes when I was growing and I would have loved that. 

If I could attend Tuface, Daddy Showkey's concerts, that'll encourage us to move on. I also give them advice on a daily basis. So whenever I see someone with good music, I go all out to support him and it doesn't have anything to do with competition. 

Anytime my boys go to perform in Port-Harcourt, they always tell me that those guys there love Duncan Mighty. So I invited him to Lagos and he came to the house. I told the boys that I'd like to work with him. We had a meeting and I wanted to sign him or do a promotion deal with him. 

And since he's also a producer, maybe he'll be as a sort of co-producer for my label to help reduce some work load. But now, the same thing that happened with Terry G at some point happened. Because if it's Mo'hits Records, everybody gets excited. 

We haven't signed any deal and he went ahead to tell people that he's been signed to Mo'Hits. I was in America when I read on the internet that Duncan Mighty has been signed to Mo'Hits Records. And I hadn't made up my mind yet about him.

When I read it, I had to deny on the internet. I was hoping that after I've signed him, then I could tell everyone about it, but he took shine away from me. I called Bankuli and asked how the gist came about. I was told he'd already granted interviews saying he's been signed on by Mo'hits to work as a producer and vocal coach.
-->