Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

Home » » Why won't Adele let me see my grandson?

Why won't Adele let me see my grandson?


When she takes centre stage at the Oscars next month to perform Bond theme Skyfall, the eyes of the world will be on North  London ‘girl-done-good’ Adele.

But as she makes her live comeback in front of a global television audience of a billion, there will be one person, sitting alone more than 3,000 miles away, for whom her finest hour will be bittersweet – her father Mark Evans.

While his daughter basks in the glow of being the toast of Hollywood, back at his South Wales home part-time plumber Mark says it will be too painful to watch his daughter on stage.

Instead he will go to bed and make do – as he has done with news of her pregnancy and the recent birth of her first child – with reading about his daughter’s success in the next day’s papers after being cut out of Adele’s life following a family rift in 2011. In spite of repeated phone calls, letters and even an attempt to contact Adele by turning up at her record company offices in London, Mark says his efforts to repair the rift have been stonewalled.

Now, after exhausting every other avenue, the 49-year-old says he is speaking publicly simply to appeal to his daughter to get in touch.

‘I’ve left messages on her phone, I’ve written to her and I’ve sent her birthday and Christmas cards but it’s like I’m dead to her,’ Mark told The Mail on Sunday.
‘I’m not interested in her celebrity status or her money, I just want my daughter back and I want to be a proper grandad to the little one.’

Mark, who became a grandfather for the first time when Adele gave birth in October, added: ‘Not only did I hear I was going to be a grandad for the first time via the media, I found out the same way that she’s calling the baby Angelo James.

‘I’d hoped so much that she’d put my late dad’s name, John, in there somewhere, but alas it looks as if it is not going to be.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

-->