Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

Home » » REAL STORY: My cousin stole my man and it’s their wedding today, what do I do?(A MUST READ)

REAL STORY: My cousin stole my man and it’s their wedding today, what do I do?(A MUST READ)

My name is Ibinabo Francis, I am 26 years old. I am really confused, angry and feel utterly betrayed by my cousin and ex-boyfriend. It all started 7 years ago, I had just relocated from Port Harcourt to Lagos to attend university. I met this really charming guy at my uncle’s wedding. I was in the bridal train and he was my uncle’s best man. We got talking and you can say that something special sparked off between us.

 People at the wedding joked that we should also get married as we looked good together. Our relationship was a beautiful one. I was so in love with Opala so much so that I would lie to my father to collect money so I can give to Opala who was at the time having some financial difficulties. Two years into the relationship, things started picking up for Opala but by this time, he had started behaving funny. 

I couldn’t explain it but I knew something was terribly wrong and so I tried talking to him about it but he would always assure me that all was well. Continue from the cut... How was I to know that my boyfriend and my first cousin were sleeping together? Sorry I didn’t tell you before now but my cousin kiki was also in the bridal train of my uncle’s wedding. I noticed she wasn’t happy that Opala and I had struck it off but I didn’t give it much thought. Maybe if I did I would have prevented what is about happening today. Kiki had always been jealous of me. From when we were children, she felt she was in competition with me. She would always say she is more beautiful than me and would always want everything I had.

 At first it stated with toys as children and when we became teenagers it was clothes and friends. Any dress I had, she has to have it and God help me if it was an outing dress then my cousin would wear hers at home just to spite me. I don’t even want to talk about the high school friends she took away from me. But when I realized this is who she is, I caught off from her or maybe I thought I did. Opala and I dated for 5 years, I gave him 5 years of my life, 5 years of faithfulness, 5 years of loving him but what did I get in return? He called off the relationship. And what was his excuse? He told me that we were not compatible. We are not compatible and we dated for 5 years? 

That night I cried, but I was too proud to beg him to stay with me. I was too proud to fight his simple waving off of 5 years of commitment on my part. I figured that if he didn’t want to be with me again then I can’t force it. Maybe what prepared me for this heartbreak was the fact that I had suspected that he was seeing someone else even though he had denied it severally. I tried to move on after Opala broke my heart but the hurt was too much that I couldn’t trust any other man. I was always suspicious of the men who came for me. My friends advised me to let go but I just couldn’t do it try as much as I did. Two months ago, a year after we went our separate ways, Opala called me.

 We hadn’t spoken since that day. He told me he had a confession to make, a confession that if he didn’t make will always hunt him. He said he wanted to make peace with me. Surprised, I said ok. Somehow, I knew it was related to the way he broke up with me but nothing prepared me for the bombshell he was about to drop. Opala told me that he had been sleeping with my cousin Kiki all along, he told me that all those times he acted up with me was because of her. He went ahead to tell me that he broke up with me in the manner he did because Kiki had given him an ultimatum. She wanted him to choose between us and since he was in love with her, he asked me for a breakup.

 I was too shocked for words that I didn’t hear him say they were getting married. It was not until he asked for my opinion on the impending marriage that I realized that he was planning on marrying her. He went on to say that if I didn’t want him to marry her then he won’t. Did I just hear you say how hypocritical? My thoughts exactly. Again, I was too shocked for words and all I could say was, Opala this is too much for one night, please let me think about all that you have told me. And then I ended the call. The next morning, reality hit home. It wasn’t a dream after all. Kiki had succeeded in taking what belonged to me.

 I remembered how she had this funny-mischievous smile on her face when she saw me at my grandmother’s funeral last year. I guess she must have been laughing at me. Now, today is their wedding and I have the good mind of going there to cause trouble. I have the good mind of going there to look the back-stabbing b***h in the face and cause her. I might even stand up and object to the marriage when the priest calls for it. This is because all the hurt has started coming back again. The pieces of the puzzle are just fitting in and I want to cut my own pound of flesh. So what do you think? I need your advice because I am already getting ready to leave for the wedding.

 P.S. This story was sent to this blogger and I really hope you guys can help advice Ibinabo. I don't know if my words to her are enough to help but maybe yours can, so let the comments roll. 

 Thanks all.
-->