Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

Home » , , » Kim Kardashian Wants A Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Kim Kardashian Wants A Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame



Kim Kardashian is a busy lady. Between shooting her reality show and subsequent specials for E!, coming up with fragrance and cosmetic lines, and selling clothes through the family D-A-S-H stores, it’s amazing to see the woman still finds time to spend with her beau, Kanye West. With her hands dabbled in so many pots, it seems the reality star will be around for a while, and wants to set the record straight on what her brand stands for and what her goals are in Hollywood. 

In a recent interview with V Magazine, Kardashian spilled the beans about her forays into the reality world and what she thinks about the people, Jon Hamm and Daniel Craig included, that don’t thinks she offers anything to TV. To her critics, Kardashian would say reality TV is just a new realm that audiences will need to adjust to. 

“It’s always funny to me when people say that I’m famous for being famous. I think it’s fascinating, because it’s still entertainment, you know? It’s fun to see the progression of that idea. I don’t take offense to it at all. I’m not naïve to the fact that I’m not a singer or an actress or anything like that. I’ve never claimed to be anything that I’m not. I think [reality] is still a new form of entertainment that was kind of an unexpected thing.”


Tying in her work to that of her boyfriend, Kardashian says reality TV is a lot like rap music. While it’s hard to justify the correlation, the 31–year-old does her damndest. 

“When rap music first came out, people were like, ‘We don’t understand this, what is this, it’s just a fad.’ But rap music is definitely here to stay, and I think reality shows have proven they are as well. But when something is newer, people don’t really understand it.”

Clearly, Kardashian wants to establish she is not a fad, and she has done a better job than other socialites (Paris Hilton) of maintaining her prominence in the world of pop culture. Ultimately, however, the fashionista has other goals. 

“I think there was a quote where somebody said that reality stars will never get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. So, of course I’m so competitive that I think that it would be a huge achievement and a goal that anyone would want. I would love to break that mold.”

There’s no doubt Kardashian is as famous and maybe more famous than some of the names occupying a prestigious Hollywood star. Whether she’ll break the mold is yet to be determined, but for a woman who claims no talent, she’s already come pretty far.
-->