Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

Home » » 'I Would Rather Be A Drug Addict Than A Superstar '

'I Would Rather Be A Drug Addict Than A Superstar '

His troubled past as a drug addict is something that Russell Brand has put behind him to forge a successful career as a top comic. However, the funnyman revealed that he would still rather be a drug addict instead of an international superstar.
Bad habits: Russell Brand, pictured at age 29, admitted that he missed being a heroin junkie
During filming of a television documentary the 37-year-old watched footage of his twenty-something self smoking smack in a dirty Hackney flat and admitted that he missed those days.

While viewing the disturbing footage from the comfort of his London Savoy Hotel suite he tells his friend Martino Sclavi that he still wants to be a junkie. Brand said: 'This is when you know it’s a disease.

It doesn’t matter that I was sat in that flat in Hackney and now I’m in the Savoy. I’m jealous of me then. 'It doesn’t make a difference to me. The money, the fame, the power, the sex, the women — none of it. I’d rather be a drug addict.'

The shocking confession will be shown in BBC Three documentary Russell Brand: From Addiction to Recovery, on Thursday 16 August.
-->