Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

I love women to death - Olu maintain


YOU just came back from a tour of the United Kingdom and United States, how was the experience like?

It was a splendid trip; it is one of the necessary things one has to experience. I really had fun.

Your recently released video was a hit in the industry and country, is this a signal to your return?
I never for once left the industry, but definitely yes. It is two thousand and NAWTi year. I want to assure my fans that they haven’t seen anything yet.

Why the title NAWTi?

…NAWTi is the future.

‘NAWTi means ‘Natural African Women Totally Inspiring’, what really inspired this?

As a man, I feel it’s an obligation to celebrate, and appreciate the existence of the feminine species, who procreate life. God gives life through a woman. So, my mother, sister, niece, aunt, girlfriend, grandmother, all inspired NAWTi.

Natalie, the lady who played a major role in the video, is not black, why?

I think people have a myopic vision as to determining what is and what is not African in terms of ethnicity. Civilisation, going by history, started from Egypt seven millennium ago. Holding that to account, every race, tribe, generated from the motherland.

The general perception that an African is only dark-skinned is absolutely inaccurate. Let me give a clear and obvious reason with this question. Are Moroccans, Libyans, Tunisians and Egyptians dark skinned? Are these people less African than you and I? So let’s be objective in our point of view towards art and culture.

Does that mean a Nigerian girl cannot play Natalie’s role in the video?

There were over 20 models in the NAWTi video from all over Africa, Nigeria inclusive. Contrary to what people think, there are Nigerians in the video. In fact, there are four Nigerian-American ladies in that video. The girl in pink is half Nigerian, and the one at the end of the video is a Yoruba girl. In fact, that scene was shot in Lagos.

Natalie really gave your video a facelift, how did you come across her?

NAWTi Team USA brought her on board.

Did the team really achieve its aim in bringing Natalie into the video?

Definitely yes. In fact, she has so much passion for Africa and Nigeria. That was why I worked with her.

How will you assess the Nigerian entertainment industry?

The Nigerian entertainment industry has grown a lot but with little or no development.

With the level of your exposure, has our entertainment industry really made wave?

As I said, the entertainment in Nigeria experienced growth, especially with our Afro hip hop which is on the brink of mainstream acceptance and recognition.

Is there any difference between Nigeria entertainment industry and those of overseas?

There is a huge difference. We are still behind. A lot of things must be put in place for us to be placed side by side.

Don’t you feel threatened with the level of upcoming artistes springing up daily?

Threatened? I must humbly say not at all; everybody has something different to bring to the table.

What are your plans to make sure you are back among the top Nigerian artistes?

I am always in the industry. I am still relevant and my works speak for me and more are still coming. Currently, I’m working on a new 10-track album titl-ed C-H-O-O-S-E-N-O-N-E and 10 music videos for 2012. It will be an exhibition year. I started on a high note and I intend to finish on the same.

How have you been coping since you and your partner parted ways?

The burden of a solo artiste is obviously more to carry than when you are in a group. To God be the glory though, I have been able to carry on.

Are you saying things work better since you are now alone?

I would have to say yes, it has.

With your fame, will you say you have achieved your set goal?

No, I am far from achieving my set goal, I am still career-driven and I aim higher.

Where and what is your former partner doing now?

He is doing fine. He still lives in Ibadan, although he is a father now.

It was rumoured that you guys parted over money?

The only constant thing in life is change. It just got to a point where we wanted to chase our individual dreams in different ways and separate directions, that’s all.

I still have a passion for music, whereas Tolu wanted to do something else. So, instead of slowing each other down, we decided to move on separately.

Have you ever at a point think of quitting music?

Never, music for me is borne out of pure passion I don’t and I’ll never see it as a means to an end.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

Don’t have any so far.

Your song ’Yahooze’ really made waves in the industry, particularly among the Nigerian youths, don’t you think this song promoted Yahoo Yahoo trade?

My own interpretation of Yahooze as a song was a party track that had a unique dance to it. The video tells the story of an artiste that went from nothing to living his dreams after a million dollar record deal. It has nothing to do with the rampant Yahoo Yahoo business, neither was it to encourage cyber fraud for any reason.

Since you rose to stardom, how have you been handling your female admirers?

Women make the world go round, I love them to death.

When do you plan to quit bachelorhood?

God’s time is the best. When it happens, it happens.

If you are not into music, what would you have been?

I am an artiste by nature, it is my calling. If I wasn’t into music, I believe there wouldn’t be a reason for my existence.

Could Natalie Nunn be your better half?
Highly unlikely. We would probably clash a lot because we have the same personality.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

-->