Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

Home » » I Know The Biological Father Of My Twins' - Beauty Queen Nike Oshinowo Says

I Know The Biological Father Of My Twins' - Beauty Queen Nike Oshinowo Says



 Ex-Nigerian beauty queen Nike Oshinowo who welcomed a set of twin via surrogacy in December last year says she knows the father of her twins and that the timing of her children's arrival was all determined by God.

 The new mum, who spoke with Hello Nigeria recently, said the birth of her twins is the most beautiful thing that has happened to her after her illness, Endometriosis, left her infertile for years.

Nike, on why she decided to go the route of surrogacy:
"I was out of my marriage and I was lying in bed, talking to my God."Okay, so, here I am, is this what you want for me? Please tell me the next step. What am I supposed to do now? And I fell asleep. As I slept, I felt a tug on the bedding and I opened my eyes, there is nothing and so I look at the bottom of my bed to see a little child tugging at the bottom of my duvet. It was a little girl so I carried her, put her on my bed and she played while I slept. She would always come in my sleep and play and then I would put her on my bed, we would play and then we would sleep. The one day I thought 'This little girl I keep seeing in my dreams, maybe I can have a child. Maybe it is God's way of telling me its time. I take my iPad while lying in bed and I start surfing the net all the while thinking I have Endometriosis. I literally typed in Google search 'what is the best way to have a child if you have extreme Endometriosis? I hit search and it came out!" she said.

Nike's children are mixed race, but Nike was coy when she was asked if their father is a white man
"I know the father of children. Is he Caucasian? Have you seen the rest of my family? That is what my family look like. I chosen to have my children look like the rest of my family. I chose to have them look like their cousins...they are all the same colour."
Nike, on her children bearing her own surname and not that of their father
"My children bear Oshinowo. It is a very good surname to have. My daughter's name is Faramade Oyinkansola Aduke and my son's name is Abayomi Oluwatobilola Akanni. My mother gave them their Orikis - Aduke and Akanni. I chose their other names. I am Yoruba and we typically do not choose our children's names by ourselves. The families choose it. I had to tell my mother I had chosen the names because they were the names the children in my dream had called each other. I simply translated those nicknames into my native language."
Nike Oshinowo also spoke on her marriage to her ex-husband, Dr Soleye. She says her attraction to him back then was his mind and that it was more of her following her heart instead of her head.
"To answer your question, the attraction to Dr Tunde Soleye was his mind. I can't really explain it but I am not a highly sexual person. In which case, you have to be able to be attracted by other things and he has a phenomenal mind. Don't forget I wasn't 18 or 20 or even twenty-five at the time. I was forty. But I have to say I was very much in love. Was I ...guided? More by heart than my head. Isn't that nice to be sometimes".
She said in the interview that she hasn't seen her ex since the divorce and that he has not seen her children since they were born. On whether she would get married again, Nike said she has not met "him" yet but is not ruling out the of marriage. Source

0 comments :

Post a Comment

-->