Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

Home » » I Find Nigerian Men Very Attractive - Popular Hollywood Actress

I Find Nigerian Men Very Attractive - Popular Hollywood Actress


 In an interview with the Tribune, when asked to give suggestions on how African filmmakers can improve, the actress suggested so many things.

 She concluded her suggestion with her attraction to Nigerian men.  Lynn Whitfield who has featured in over three Nigerian movies said she finds Nigerian men very attractive.

 Read interview excerpts below:

What other themes can African filmmakers explore apart from slavery, colonialism and tradition?

 I’m an outsider but I’m curious about life here now. It can’t just all be traditional. The interesting people I see, the people in government, people who run things and own things. I know there are great novels, modern stories and at home too, we need to do that. We need to tell more of our modern stories. Slice of a person’s life and whatever they experience and in whatever genre; be it romantic drama, thriller or science fiction.

We don’t really go into these genres very much. It’s usually drama, we keep talking. I don’t know why we have to say it all in one movie. You learn more about a person from what they don’t say than from what they say. I’m sorry but in your movies people talk a lot but we all go through it.

 It’s something to hide behind to not get to the truth of who we are.  We need to challenge ourselves as artistes; we need to challenge our audiences, to mirror the truth of our humanity to people and effect change. I think it’s pretty important that we push the envelope.

Then we could explore the male-female relationship. In America it is the same and I don’t think it has to do with colonialism; I think it has to do with male and female ego and how it is. It’s something and there are many similarities here to what I experience in America. Just to explore some of that will be great.

Her view of Nigerian men?

 Overall, I find all Nigerian men to be very interesting. I find them very attractive and I find the relationship between men and women very interesting and how it all works. Contemporary life, I would like to see more of that.

This just confirms what a lady said last year about African American women and Naija men.

Lynn Whitfield recently featured in ‘30 Days in Atlanta’, a movie produced by Nigerian comedian AY.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

-->