Email Subsciptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Todaysgist Updates

Popular Posts

Home » , » BOMBSHELL : "MC Loph Is Not My Friend" - Flavour Clears The Air

BOMBSHELL : "MC Loph Is Not My Friend" - Flavour Clears The Air


Nigerian high-life star Flavour spoke to Punch newspapers recently about his relationship with late musician MC Loph.

 After MC Loph’s death, reports claimed his mum who has since passed away was disappointed in Flavour for never visiting or calling her. It was said that MC Loph was the one who accommodated Flavour in his house, when he first came to Lagos.

After his passing, Flavour sang a tribute in his honour titled “Iwe”. In the song Flavour mourned MC Loph and even talked about MC Loph accommodating him. Here’s what Flavour said in an interview with Punch:

“MC Loph and I weren’t as close as people thought. I met Loph through Mr. Raw when I came to Lagos. He wanted me to produce for him the same way I was producing for Mr. Raw. Somehow, we came together and we did the Osondi Owendi song. We later found out that we came from the same village.I played a very big part in the song. 

People would always want me to perform the song. But I couldn’t. What is the essence of collaborating when you cannot play the song? It didn’t make any sense. He said people told him I was performing his song. I felt, ‘oh, it is now your song?’ That was the last time we really spoke to each other. I decided to ‘free’ him. 


Yes, we were not friends at all. We just did a song together. People just had a misconception about the whole thing. I never told anybody this before and I still insist it is not something we should talk about.

I met his mother just once in my life. We went for a show at Nnewi (Anambra State) and we passed through our village. He got down to see his mother and I followed him. I greeted her and I gave her money that day. She was very happy. We left. 

I was surprised when people started saying I abandoned his mother when he died. It is not fair to talk about this since he is no more. But then, I feel it is time I became honest and open up because people have said a lot of things about me. It is not fair. He never greeted my father one day, let alone visiting him. But I couldn’t confront him because of that. I felt he didn’t have any business with my father. He could choose to greet him or not. We were not related, we just came from the same village.”

3 comments :

  1. Anyway I don't see any thing wrong in what flavour has just declared. In this world that we live in I think it's better if we choose our friends and not them or people choosing us. Well if that's what he says and really believe it was so, then so be it we are in a civilised world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that's what he says and really believe it was so, then so be it we are in a civilised world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for flavour to say this he is a killer then. his former P.A (popularly known as FINE BOY) died he did not show for his burial and he did not give money, no condolence message and the guy died mysteriously. after vomitting he died and a dead black bird was found where he died in the sitting room. Flavour watch it. for clearity sake any close person to flavour should know "fine boy" with flavour from 2008 to 2011 when he (fine boy) died mysteriously at enugu.

    ReplyDelete

-->