Below is a list of the most successful black actresses in America compiled by information from loop21.
1. Raven-Symone: At age 27, the former star of “That’s So Raven” tops this list of richest young black actresses. Her net worth is a staggering $45 million. Being a child star has certainly helped Raven-Symone amass a fortune. She achieved stardom as a pre-schooler on “The Cosby Show” in 1989.
2. Brandy Norwood: Brandy, 33, is known for both her singing and acting. Before her star turn on “Moesha” in 1996, she starred on the sitcom “Thea.” Brandy was also nominated for an NAACP Image Award for her star role in 1997’s “Cinderella” remake. Her net worth is $12 Million.
3. Zoe Saldana: This 34-year-old rose to stardom after appearing in 2000’s “Center Stage.” She’s now known for a number of blockbusters, most notably “Avatar” and “Star Trek.” Her net worth is $8 million.
4. Tia Mowry-Hardrict and Tamera Mowry-Housley: Two in one, these child stars became known to all with their hit show “Sister, Sister.” After appearing in a number of Disney films, including “Twitches,” the 34-year-old sisters now star in the Style Network’s reality show “Tia & Tamera.” Their combined net worth is $8 million.
5. Meagan Good: This 31-year-old is known for her roles in films such as “Jumping the Broom” and “Eve’s Bayou.” Her star will likely rise even higher when her new NBC show, “Deception,” launches next year. Good’s net worth is $8 million.
6. Keke Palmer: This “Akeelah and the Bee” star is only 19, but she’s worth $7.5 million.
7. Paula Patton: The wife of singer Robin Thicke, this 37-year-old didn’t become a household name until she was in her 30s. Her roles in “Idlewild” and “Precious” thrust her into the spotlight. Her net worth is $3 million.
8. Kyla Pratt: This 26-year-old new mother is known for her lead role in “One on One.” She’s also appeared in the “Dr. Dolittle” films, “Fat Albert” and “Hotel for Dogs.” Her net worth is $ 2.5 million.
9. Lauren London: After starring in films such as “ATL” and “This Christmas,” with a guest role on “Entourage,” the 28-year-old London is worth $2 million.